Principal Continual Service Improvement Manager (Nov 2018 – ongoing)
Computer Concepts Limited has forged an enviable reputation for providing innovative, engineering-powered ICT solutions. Founded in 1990 CCL delivers services to a variety of clients, from some of New Zealand’s largest and most complex organizations, to smaller innovative local businesses. CCL is flexible, fast and experienced. We pride ourselves on building quality services, designed and deployed by some of New Zealand’s most passionate and experienced engineers.
The Principal Continual Service Improvement (CSI) manager was responsible for leading a functional team within the Strategy Team. This is a brand new business function, and I was will be responsible for both establishing and managing CSI across CCL creating a network of CSI subject matter and knowledge leads. I had to develop the processes and governance required to operate a CSI portfolio creating the compelling cases for investment that support both opportunities to address existing problems, business risk and exploit value and best practice. I also operated and developed Problem Management creating an integrated operating model between the CSI, Problem and Service teams.
- Building relationships across the business.
- Responsible for mentoring and training areas with Lean Startup methodologies.
- Instigated Agile methodologies and tools within CSI team and migrating across to other teams as was applicable.
- Project and Programme Management for all aspects of CSI. Created a comprehensive but simple framework to provide visibility and task flow management.
- Responsible for building, coaching, mentoring and growing team members.
- Financial and budget responsibility for Engineering Department.
- Involved in strategic management and alignment of CSI functions to the wider business goals.
- Implementing a lean start-up bedded infrastructure, framework and toolset for the management and communication of the CSI function across the business